Friday, July 27, 2007

Austin Got Married

A couple of weeks ago, Austin got married. I was babysitting a couple of neighbor kids, when Austin and Hannah decided to get married. They started playing at the park, and they planned the wedding the entire ride home. They were very methodical about it. The first problem was the wedding dress. They asked if they could borrow mine, but I told them it probably wouldn't fit. So, Hannah just wore one of Macy's purple dress-up dresses (complete with fluffy shoes and crown). Austin got dressed in his church clothes while Hannah got ready. Hannah's older sister performed the marriage. They started by dancing, then they had the ceremony. When it came to "You may now kiss the bride," he laid one right on her lips. (Afterward, we had a little chat about kissing on the lips and kissing on the cheek. We determined that he should just stick to the cheek for a few more years.) When it was over, they discussed where they would like to live. Austin suggested Mongolia. But Hannah recommended California "because that's where Disneyland is." They were pretty set on California, but Hannah's sister reminded them that there is a lot of traffic in California, so they might want to choose someplace different. It's a real dilemma. The best part - I got it all on video so I can use it as blackmail as needed when he's a teenager!
The Wedding Party:

5 comments:

Marianne said...

I love reading your blog. Paige is getting so big. I love how Austin in the picture with all the swimsuits has his arm around "his wife". Hilarious.

Greg said...

I can't afford this yet!!!!

Alexie said...

did you ever think you're little boy would be the neighborhood kisser? What are you going to do when school starts?

Anne Gould said...

Emily, as the mother of the "bride," I thank you for documenting this. I need to get your written version of this for Hannah's scrapbook. Awesome story!
-Anne

Anne Gould said...

PS - thanks again for watching my kids that day. I'm here to return the favor anytime. -Anne