Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"Crazy Drunk Driver"

Greg got pulled over for drunk driving last night on our way home from Bear Lake. We had just come out of the canyon just before Park City when the officer turned on his lights. When he asked for Greg's licence, registration, and proof of insurance, Greg asked the officer why he was pulled over. I always think of the scene from Jim Carrey's movie "Liar, Liar." Jim Carrey's character gets pulled over, and the officer asks him if he knows why he was pulled over, and he says, "It depends how long you were following me." Then, he proceeds to rattle off a list of violations. (If I knew what I was doing, I could include that clip from the movie. Oh well!)

Anyway...The officer explained that he was weaving in and out of the lanes, so he thought he might be drunk. Greg very politely explained that he was just trying to take the turns wide so that it was a smoother ride (we had three sleeping children in the car). Greg apologized and said that he only did it because there weren't any other cars around. The officer asked him to stay in the lanes and let us off. Hilarius!

3 comments:

Jen-ben said...

Maybe now Greg will lay off the boos...

Greg said...

Shooww you sheenk your funny **hick-up**. It was basically my Speed Racer imitation through the canyon.

Anne Gould said...

Emily, I was pulled over for drunk driving on my senior trip in California back in high school. I had two girlfriends in the car that could easily make me laugh so hard that either no sound would come out or I would have tears streaming down my face. In this case, I was laughing and crying so hard that the tears had skewed my vision (and combined with all of my laughing) were causing me to veer all over the freeway. Given the fact that it was very late at night and I was a very young and immature driver did not help the situation. We were quick to explain to the officer that we were just three mormon girls who were very high on life.