Friday, December 26, 2008

Bless You Santa!

Being the fabulous mother that I am, I finally took my kids to see Santa on Tuesday (the 23rd).  I knew it would be crazy at the mall, but decided to just grin and bear it and fight for parking and stand in line.  We got there and the line for Santa had just closed for two hours for lunch.  What?!?  I refused stand around for two hours (during nap time no less) waiting to stand in line for another who knows how long once Santa returned.  Macy was beside herself.  I tried to remind them that Santa had sent all of them a personal letter (Matt & Lisa's gift to the kids - they LOVED them), so I'm sure Santa knew her.  She was trying to suck it up, but was still pretty upset.  I called Brother Grove and asked him if there was any way that he could stop by and visit my kids for just a few minutes.  He actually had a "gig" that night and said that he could stop by before.  He is an incredible Santa Clause, and my kids were in heaven!  

We kept it a secret, but heard jingle bells and they ran to the door.  Once inside, Santa told the kids a story with hand puppets, and then they each got a chance to sit on his lap.  Paige was a little cautious when he first arrived, but after she watched Austin and Macy sit on his lap (and get a "treat"), she jumped right up - no fear!  They sang Rudolph together and Austin played Jingle Bells on the piano while we all sang.  Then they all stood by the window and watched him drive away.  Paige said, "Bye, bye Santa Clause" and told Greg (with candy cane slobber running down her chin), "Santa Clause...a...treat."  Thank you, Santa, for saving my bacon.  I remember Santa came to our house when I was a little girl - probably younger than Austin.  It was a very magical night that I'm sure they won't forget.  

My favorite part about the picture with Paige is her winter boots over her pajamas.  Nice touch, Sweetie!
A neighbor brought over some fresh-baked rolls and jam.  After Santa left, Paige climbed up on the table, pulled the pan onto a kitchen chair, and proceeded to eat the top off every single roll.  The girl knows what she wants.  Hilarious!

While I'm blessing people/things, may I just say bless you Harmon's for having Expectant Mother parking on a snowy day right before Christmas with an incredibly full parking lot and me toting along a little toddler.  I was so grateful.  

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I wish you would've told me Santa was coming and I would've had my kids come see him too. I'm a terrible mom and never took them to see him- or even had them write down what they wanted. I just prayed they wouldn't ask how Santa knew what they wanted when he'd never even been told..... and how dare those mall santas take breaks!! There should be a replacement all suited up and ready to go. Especially that close to Christmas.

Amber said...

I'm so jealous that your kids got a private session with Santa! We didn't see Santa at all this year, we even missed him at the ward party! Your kids must feel so special.

Brian and Kim said...

What a great idea!! You are always thinking so creatively and I love that Lisa and dear hubby wrote them letters. Darlings pics...you should email them to the Grove's. Too cute!!