Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween - Finally!

Halloween started on Thursday with Macy's preschool party, and continued well into Friday.  I actually substituted at Austin's school all day on Halloween, so Greg took the girls to visit his Grandma.  They recently moved her into a retirement center, and she isn't loving it (who can blame her).  They had trick-or-treating for the grandchildren/great-grandchildren that afternoon.  Hopefully, it brightened her day a little. 
I felt like Halloween was just crazy!  Working all day sure does shorten the day (I don't know how you "Working Moms" do it every day).  We got home from school, made some soup, carved some pumpkins, and it was time for trick-or-treating.  Since I didn't take any pictures that day, we dressed up for my grandparents on Sunday.  My mom made a festive "Dinner in a Pumpkin" and the kids got to show off their costumes.  Austin as Harry Potter, Macy as Dorothy, Paige as mouse, Abby as Belle, and Max as Tiger.  
Macy was hilarious!  She gets so excited over everything, and Halloween was no exception.  It took a very long time to decide on a costume.  I finally told her that she can be something different next year, and I think she has the next four years planned.  My wonderful mother made her little costume, and kudos to Target for Ruby Slippers.  When I got her ready, I put her up on the counter in the bathroom so she could see her entire outfit.  She said, "Oh, I really do look like Dorothy.  I wish I had black hair, then I would look just like her."  So dramatic!  She also thought this was her own, personal photo shoot.  (She came up with the poses, and my sisters were egging her on.)  Austin, on the other hand, was not amused with her "affection" for herself.  I love these guys!  Oh, and everyone fights over Max.  She insisted on one with just the two of them.  

Greg has been Father-of-the-Year the past couple of months.  After Macy and Paige are in bed, Greg has been reading the first Harry Potter with Austin.  Just the two of them.  Austin has been captivated, and turned into a Harry Potter fanatic.  Austin's costume was somewhat of a headache.  First of all, my mom found the cape at Walmart, and got a fabulous deal on it because it was missing the glasses and wand.  Thinking I was saving all sorts of money, I ordered all of his "props" online.  They guaranteed delivery by October 30th.  That is, until the train derailed and we didn't get the shipment until AFTER the school parade and party.  Thursday night, at 3:00 a.m., Greg was scouring local Walmart's for something to resemble Harry Potter glasses.  He finally found googly-eye glasses that were round and we popped out the googly eyes.  Then, he went out and cut a branch off our tree for the wand.  Austin was such a good sport.  I was glad we got the shipment, though, because I think he makes an absolutely perfect Harry Potter.

Abby was NOT all about her own photo shoot.  We finally decided that if we wanted a non-crying shot, she would have to be Belle with the Mentos.  Alexie made this beautiful dress (all by herself), and you should hear Abby sing "Little Town" from "Beauty and the Beast."  It is hilarious!  My favorite part is, "Marie...The baguettes."  When I asked Abby to dance for me, she turned around.  At least you get a 360-degree view of the dress and hair, right Lex?

Last, but certainly not least, my own little Flava Flav!  This rag-a-muffin absolutely insisted on having her picture taken just like the rest of them, but was having nothing to do with the mouse costume at this point.  

Lots of fun to dress up and lots of candy to rot our teeth.  Happy Halloween!

7 comments:

La Toya said...

Austin makes a very good Harry Potter. Very cool.

Allyson said...

Wow! Who dressed up as Snoop Dog? he he he
Very cute halloween pix!

Jackie said...

Love those pictures of Macy. Made me laugh. She is so dang cute.

Zarebski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Valerie said...

Your pics look like they came out of a magazine! (This is a compliment to the gorgeous children and their gorgeous mama who takes fabulous pictures!)

Jen-ben said...

ah, they all looked so so cute!! And hello...Greg looks so awesome in his gangsta costume!

Liz said...

Cute kids!!!