Monday, April 5, 2010

Topic: Spelling "Discuss Among Yourselves"

Is it really necessary to teach spelling in school? I mean, I know it looks horribly ignorant to look over a job resume and see spelling errors. So I guess it is a necessary skill. But is there any way to postpone it until high school? I just adore my children's handwritten notes and their creative spelling.

For Easter, we put up our "Love One Another Wall."


We left it up all last week to allow everyone to write comments as they desired. The comments were so adorable. Personally, I think the spelling for "cute" should be replaced with "cqt" or "sweet" should be changed to "soeet" or "cautious" should definitely be changed to "coushish."

Spencer:
I love how you grab my face with excitement to greet me. - Mom
I love your curiosity and constant quest to learn. - Mom
I love that you eat fast. I love when you eat my face and give zerbets. - Dad
Spencer is a cqt brather. - Macy (Spencer is a cute brother.)
I love how you are so coushish. - Austin (I love how you are so cautious.)
I love how you say "DaDa" when you are trying to communicate. - Mom

Paige:
I love how you play and play. - Austin
I love how you are always thanking me for doing things for you. - Mom
I love your brown eyes! I love your squeaky voice and how you let me give you eskimo and butterfly kisses. - Dad
I love your sweet singing voice. - Mom
Paige is nis. - Macy (Paige is nice.)
I love how you don't walk or run - you prance (or gallop). - Mom

Mom:
Mom is soe seet. - Macy (Mom is so sweet.)
Mi mom is soeet. - Macy (My mom is sweet.)
I love that you try and try and try new things with our family! (Don't give up on us.) - Dad
Macy:
I love how you chace me. - Austin (I love how you chase me.)
I love how excited you get over the smallest things. You LOVE life! - Mom
I love your loose tooth! I love your fancy words! I love how you treat other people with kindness. I love when you dress up. I love that you want to ride in my car with me. - Dad
I love that you are so cuddly and love to be around people. - Mom

Kade:
I love that you already like piggy back rides. - Austin
I love how you smile with your entire body. - Mom
I love that you take a binky. You are daring...even if you always get stuck. - Dad
I love how you get so excited to see us after a nap that you "jump" and fall backward in you crib. - Mom
Kad is fany. - Macy (Kade is funny.)
I love that you laugh even before you get tickled. I love how happy you are! - Mom

Dad:
I love that you are so dedicated to me and our family. - Emily
I love how you play legos with me. - Austin
I love how you are constantly forgiving me and finding the best in me. - Emily
I love how you let us play on the ifone. - Austin
Dad is fanee. - Macy (Dad is funny.)
I love that you play with our kids and talk to them about their lives. - Emily
I love your belly laugh! Makes me smile EVERY time I hear it! - Emily

Austin:
I love it that you are trying so hard to be respectful at school. - Mom
I love my brather. - Macy
I love your laugh. It is contagious. It is the happiest sound in the world. - Mom
Austin is asm. - Macy (Austin is awesome.)
I love that you are creative with legos, dinos, and fun games you make up. I love that you play with your sisters and brothers. I love that you listen to Styx and OMD. You are so wonderful!!! You are my favorite oldest child! - Dad
I love how much you love your brothers. You are so good to get Spence every morning. - Mom

6 comments:

Shauna said...

I love this idea! I'm thinking we have a future FHE in the making :-)

Alexie said...

It is not fair to be your sister...I could never think of these things. How can I compete?!

Tera said...

I love this idea!! And I'm totally stealing it:). I love that you share your family with all of us!!

Brian and Kim said...

Great idea!! I love how you express and share your love for your family. Always very tender!!

Emily said...

You guys give me WAY too much credit. I totally stole this idea. Well...I modified it a bit, but the original idea was not mine. All of my parenting ideas are generally stolen. Plus, I'm not that great of a mom. Did you notice that Austin couldn't even come up with something for my poster. It's okay. I understand. I am unbelievably hard on that boy.

Greg said...

I am proud of you Emily! I don't know why but most of the time you feel like you are drowning, failing, discouraged, overwhelmed, and beaten down by our broodlings! It is always nice to see something work through your eyes. I think the kids will remember your efforts (all of them - little or small). Keep up the good work, Em... You are amazing and I love you and your dedication to our family. I am glad you have your blog to express your triumphs and failures without being judged by others! Life is hard enough when you feel judged. Thanks friends and family for support Emily!