Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rag-a-Muffins

Sometimes the boys like to stay awake and "chat" with each other after I put them down for a nap. I usually give it a few minutes, and then go in and kiss them again, lay them down again, put the binkie in again, and start the music again. This usually works. Today, I heard some commotion and decided it was time to remind them that it was nap time. (And when I say "chat," that is exactly what I mean. They weren't crying, just jabbering.)

This is what I found:



That is Kade. Apparently I left the car seat too close to the bed. The shots aren't great (I was desperately trying not to wake him and not move anything in the room while trying to capture the moment), but he is completely out - with a pretty tight grip on that toy. He woke up with lines on his forehead from the bars of the crib. Earlier in the day, I walked in to see him standing in the crib. Without him noticing me, I observed as he peeked over the edge (on his cute little tippy toes), took the bink out of his mouth, tossed it out, and laughed as he watched it hit the ground and roll away.

Spence (the chatterbox) was found observing the entire situation with his legs hanging out the crib. He was kicking them and bouncing. Notice the thumb in his mouth. That was my indicator that he really was tired.


Nobody can accuse my kids of not having personality. Even at this age, curiousity is infinitely more important than sleep.

I love them more than words can describe.

(Look at Spence's big toe pointing up. Hahaha)

5 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh my gosh! That is so cute Emily! I love it!

Sarah said...

Your boys are so darling! Love these beautiful photos.

Amber said...

Your kids crack me up! I can't believe how big your boys are getting.

Jen-ben said...

Oh my gosh, that is SO CUTE!! I love them!

Tera said...

That is so cute Emily!! I took a picture once of a 20 month old Camden who had fallen asleep on his knees holding a picture of Curtis, Bailey and I. It wa so sweet!! Your boys are so darling!!!