Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Deep Thoughts - March Edition

A few weeks ago, we were getting ready for Saturday Night Baths (it's capitalized because it is an event at our house). We were administering orders: Macy, let me take your hair out before it gets wet; Paige, don't forget to take your panties before you get in the water; Austin, please remember to use soap to wash your entire body, etc. When we were done, Austin said, "Okay, but I don't need to wash my hair because I already had a 'head bath' today." (He had his hair cut earlier the day, and they washed his hair in that little wash bin. Otherwise known as a "head bath.")

* * *

Macy went to Tracy Aviary with her school class. She came home and told us all about it. She got very excited when she told us about the male peacock. She told us that he had all of his tail feathers out so he was "beautiful." Then she educated us: "That's how you know that they like girls."

* * *

Occasionally, I put "dust" on the chore chart. This guarantees at least an hour of whining and griping, even though I only assign one bookcase. On this particular day, I even let Macy pick any bookcase to dust. When she was on shelf #2, she sighed, wiped her brow, and exclaimed, "This is like cleaning a mansion."

* * *

For breakfast, I often cut a banana in half for Macy and Paige to share. The other day, Paige had eaten her half, but was playing with the peel. She was holding it by the tip and bouncing it up and down. "Look Mommy," she said, "It's an oscapus!"

* * *

An excerpt from Macy's prayer the other night: "Thank you for Daddy's job so we have a home and food. Please help Daddy so he can save twenty thousand dollars to give to the children's hospital. Please bless our friend in the morning class who is at the children's hospital."

* * *

Just to get it off my chest: Two things I was born without: Grace and Flexibility. It's a good think that I am neither a First Lady or an Exotic Dancer.

3 comments:

Alexie said...

I don't know... jumping out of a cake sounds pretty Exotic Dancer to me. (even if there were costume malfunctions)

作弊 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jen-ben said...

LOL, seriously, what we do without the kids comments to lighten our days!