Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Multiple Personalities

So, Macy was playing with her friend Gracie the other day. Macy's favorite thing to play is pretend - mostly involving a family of some sort. She creates these grandiose scenarios and she and her friends tell each other what to say and how to act. They just boss each other around - happily (most of the time). It is hilarious to observe.

Anne, Gracie's mother overheard Macy saying over and over again:
"I'm going to be Stilla...My name is Stilla...I am Stilla."

Anne assumed that she was trying to say the name "Stella" but was getting it wrong.

However, Macy did clarify:
"My name is Steala because I steal things."

Gracie said:
"Okay. My name is Tinkerbell because I don't."

...

I just found Macy and Paige in my bedroom closet. Both were wearing their swimsuits (Paige's is on backward which looks comfy) with high heels and sweaters. Macy had a huge bow in her hair and was carrying her purse. Macy said, "I just wanted to look like a mom."

...

Macy was looking at a toy magazine today instead of cleaning up the toy room while I was on the phone with Jen. I thought that maybe if Jen told her to do her chores, she might listen. I handed Macy the phone and heard: "Yeah. I'm just looking at the pictures and circling everything that I love!"

...

These pictures have nothing to do with these stories. I just love them with all my heart. Not only is she fishing on the cement in the rain, but it looks like she's going commando under the raincoat. And the hot pink cowboy boots just make me smile whenever she puts them on. She cracks me up...daily!!!

3 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Those boots totally make the outfit! I love hearing what children come up with.

Alexie said...

So anybody who doesn't steal things is named Tinkerbell?

Jana said...

She is hilarious and you are brilliant to write it all down! She'd make a great character in a book...
and those rain pictures are AMAZING!!!! I LOVE them!!