Saturday, May 16, 2009

One Week

Well, it's been one week with our new babies, and Greg and I are sort of the Welcoming Committee in the Level 2 Nursery.  Nobody checks our bands anymore, and they let us do almost everything with the babies.  We know all of the nurses, and they take pictures for us and decorate their cribs with handmade blankets and cute little signs.  We have seen almost everyone come and go (Little Gabe is still with us, but they are crossing their fingers for Monday).  As I sat rocking my babies the other night, I watched Cohen go home and then Baby Wyatt finally got off the oxygen long enough to go home as well.  I watched these parents lovingly and excitedly care for their babes (both were first children).  They were so attentive and just absolutely adorable first-time parents.  My heart felt so full of happiness for their new little families.  As I watched Dad stroke Cohen's head while Mom bounced him in her arms, I had this thought:

How strange that they only have one baby, and they have to take turns holding him.  Greg and I always have our own.  We are so lucky because we never have to take turns.  

Isn't it amazing how quickly we redefine "normal."
I love you my sweet boys.  Think fat thoughts so we can bring you home too!

4 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Sending all of my fat thoughts to your sweet babies!

Matt and Lisa said...

I am eating a Reese's on their behalf!!!

JK said...

They're gorgeous Emily! Congratulations again from all of us out here!
Joyce

Brian and Kim said...

Look at you holding two babes like it's nothing. I was holding Chase and Croy at the same time last night and I couldn't help thinking how amazing you are going to be:) I'll eat some fat boys for them. Loves..