Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Think This is Really Going to Happen


Can you make out this picture?  Those are two little baby heads right smack together.  Guess where those heads are located?  Right under my ribs.  Yes, we have two breech babies which means C-Section - end of discussion.  I went in to the doctor this morning for a routine ultrasound, and after an hour, I was suspicious.  The measurements are low - typical for my children.  They are measuring three weeks behind, and there hasn't been any significant or measurable growth in the past two weeks.  The doctor walked in and said, "I think you should have some babies right now."  When I asked him to define "right now," I think he could either sense my nervousness or witness my lip quivering (I was trying very hard not to start sobbing out of panic).  He explained his reasons and then very cautiously monitored the blood flow through each umbilical cord.  He finally decided that we could wait a few days.  I have another appointment on Friday, and as long as the babies keep very active, I may even have another week.

When I called Greg, I think that he too could sense my nervousness.  He was very good and supportive and excited (which helped immensely), and I think it would actually calm his nerves to get these babies out.  It is just so real right now.  With two babies inside of me, I still have two free hands to take care of everything else.  My mother-in-law is really the only person in our family that has had a C-Section.  She assured Greg that even if he is home to help me, I am going to need a lot more help.  We are in the process of writing our "Needs List" and trying to make arrangements for next week.   I am much better at being on the "giving" side of service (just like most of you), but I guess it is my turn to be on the "receiving" end for a little while.  Everyone has been so wonderful, and I seriously have a list of a dozen people who I know I can count on at any moment.  Thank you (ahead of time) for your care for me and our family.  I feel incredibly blessed through all the anxiety.  

Greg took these pictures on Sunday (34 weeks).   He loves these pictures, and I really appreciate them after about six months.  So, it is good that he pushes, I mean "encourages" me.  



17 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Woo Hoo!!! Fun!!!! Don't be nervous!!

Tera said...

put me on your call list, I would love to help! I know you are nervous, but you'll be great. I'm sure your to do list doubled today!

Heidi said...

No one would believe there are twins in there-you look adorable! Good luck with everything!

JK said...

You look fabulous! I'm so excited to see the boys!
Joyce

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Em, you're beautiful!!

I AM JOE PESCI said...

P.S. And isn't it weird to think that perhaps this time next week you won't be pregnant anymore!?

Mary said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see the pictures of your two little ones. We will keep you in our prayers.

Lindsay said...

2 breech? Wow, one breech was painful enough for me, but 2! Well, I will be checking your blog for any updates! Good luck and you look great!

Jana said...

Scary! Exciting! Yikes!
I had Emma a few weeks early after then saw no growth and hardly any amniotic fluid on an ultrasound. The doctor said, "you should probably have the baby this week...what are you doing today?" So I know that panicky feeling, but for you it must have been ten times what I feel since you are having twins, c-section, and already have 3 at home! Glad to hear you will have TonS of help!! Good luck and I'm excited to see pictures on your blog when you have them!!!
And way cute pregnant pictures. Good for your hubby for taking them!

Colette said...

You look so good I can't believe it! I'm sure everything will be just fine with a c-section its seems like so many people have to have them. Please let me know if I can do anything to help out...I'm looking forward to seeing them both and hearing what names you decide on. Good luck and keep us posted!

Amber said...

Wow! Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures of your TWINS. I know you will have tons of help, but please let me know if I can do anything- I'm not that far away!

Xazmin said...

I guess this means we won't be doing pictures for a while, eh?

I'm so excited for you...please add me to your list of people to count on!

You look so adorable. I'm jealous. I look like a beached whale when I'm pregnant. Well also when I'm not so...whatevah!

I can't wait to meet them!

Michelle Arnett said...

I DO have to say How Exciting! I also have to say that you are a DARLING pregnant woman. I can't believe how small you are and you are prego with TWINS, but you don't need that reminder:) Bummer that I will be out of town all next week. I can't wait to see your babes. Good luck. . . C-Sections totally suck, but they are manageable with a lot of good friends:) Some people have a worse time than others, I have a feeling, I have it worse than most, maybe cause I am a wuss. Eeek, I am so excited for you. Don't worry, there will be plenty of hands willing to help you lovely lady.
~Michelle

Laura said...

Wowzers! I'm hoping that I'm on your list too. As I keep telling you, we're only a couple of houses away!!! By the way, you do look so cute...or should I say Beautiful! :)

Brian and Kim said...

Me too!

Andee said...

Oh wow!! How exciting! I agree with everyone, you look so fantastic. Please let me know what I can do to help. Can't wait!

Bryce & Cherise said...

You are SUCH A BEAUTIFUl pregnant lady! :)
You look(ed) :) adorable prego!!!