Sunday, May 3, 2009

A Moment to Gripe, If I May

For me, nothing makes the Sacrament Meeting Spirit disappear faster than when some grumpy old lady reaches back, squeezes my son's leg, and tells him to be quiet, especially when I am sitting right next to him.  I didn't even think he was being that rowdy.  Both he and Macy were sitting with workbooks on their laps, even though I admit that they have a hard time remembering to whisper and Austin occasionally made sound effects with his mouth while drawing his picture.  But, it wasn't like they were climbing all over the place or fighting.  They sat in one place the entire meeting.  Later on, I asked Austin to get me a tissue out of the bag.  This required him to stand up and bend over, which caused him to bump into her arm that was across the back of the bench.  She glared at him, sighed, and shifted her position.  

I'm just so annoyed!  

I really wish people would say things to me if they think my children are being unruly instead of disciplining them right in front of me.  I just don't think it's their place.

Okay...With that off my chest, I will try to enjoy the rest of my Sunday.   

9 comments:

I AM JOE PESCI said...

Next time, reach over, smack her hand away and tell her not to touch your children.

People like that infuriate me.

Jackie said...

Man, I wish that old lady would've been sitting by the kids that were behind me at church today. I had to deal with noisy toddler toys, the back of the bench being kicked, songbooks kicked back and forth...

I would've told the lady there is a nice retirement center down the street if she'd like to attend church there where there aren't any sweet, adorable, innocent children in attendance.

Colette said...

I wish I would have noticed who was in front of you :)
It's that part of the sacrament loud kids....quiet wards are there really any out there?

Jana said...

Rude!!

Brian and Kim said...

Uggg...I thought your kids were so good yesterday. I had the perfect view of your sweet family and they were wonderful. Just ignore he:)

Lindsay said...

Grrrrr! The nerve of some people! Jameson got is head stuck in a chair in stake conference (while we had President Faust there speaking!) when he was 2 and this old woman frigged out in front of me - have they never had children? Were they perfect? And if they were, please, share your insight with us on how you were able to make it so!

Tera said...

I'm sorry that happened to you, nothing chases the spirit faster than frustration at your children during Sacrament meeting. We sit in the back in our new ward b/c we have a lot of older people in our ward ( a gated community near the Temple). I know Enoch would drive them crazy, he does me most Sundays :) keep going, I know yo

Bryce & Cherise said...

L
A
M
E

Bryce & Cherise said...

oooh shoot, that was Jen, not Cherise. :)