Saturday, February 14, 2009

At it Again!

This girl, right here, is hilarious! I believe that God made her not only adorable but too funny for words so we preserve her life on a regular basis (because she can definitely be a stinker). Macy is a girl full of fetishes (or, as my Dad says: "high maintenance"). A couple of her obsessions include death and Jesus. I just had to write these down before I forget.


#1:
The other night, we were invited to the Blue and Gold Banquet. Austin is turning eight this year, so all the "prospective" 8-year-olds were invited to get a taste for scouting. Of course, the meeting starts out with the presentation of the colors followed by the Pledge of Allegiance. Everyone stands (Macy is on a chair so she can see) and we recite The Pledge together. As everyone is sitting down, Macy declares in a very matter-of-fact voice (we are in the cultural hall so there is quite an echo): "Hey, I know 'Justice.' She was in my school class, but then she died." What?!? Greg and I (and everyone else in the room) were laughing so hard.

#2:
Macy walked out of her room yesterday morning and declared: "Jesus woke me up." We couldn't tell if she was happy with that or slightly irritated.

#3:
Tonight at dinner (this is high quality conversation at its best):
Macy: "Mom, what if all humans were fishes? (pause) Then we would all live in Jesus's fishbowl." Of course we would!

2 comments:

Jen-ben said...

I love that girl! The Jesus woke me up comment is WAY too funny!

Jackie said...

That is hilarious! Love the fishbowl comment. Where does she come up with these?