Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Child's Prayer

Last night for FHE, Greg asked Paige if she wanted to pray.  Sitting on his lap, with her arms folded obediently, this is how it went:

Greg: "Dear Heavenly Father,"

Paige: "(mumble, mumble) Fader,"

Greg: "Thank you for this beautiful day."

Paige: "Dank do bor chocut."

(At this point, I made the mistake of laughing, which sent Austin and Macy into fits of laughter, which fueled the fire even more for their little sister.  I couldn't help it; I found it hilarious that she came up with that on her own!)

Greg: "Thank you for Austin."

Paige: "Dank do bor chocut."

(Sensing Greg's frustration, I calmed myself, and asked Paige to repeat Daddy, which she finally did and finished a very nice prayer.  Honestly, what was he thinking - not thanking Heavenly Father for the glorious blessing of chocolate right off the bat?!?  Hopefully, he learned his lesson.)

6 comments:

Valerie said...

That should be at the beginning of every prayer. =)

Malisa said...

Bwaha ha ha ha ha....

Don't you love this age? Just think, in not too long you'll get to this again, but times 2!

Tera said...

I love it Emily, we Should be thankful for chocolate!!

Kristy said...

A girl after my own heart!

Jana said...

Amen, Sistah! Thank Heavens for CHoCOLAtE!

Jen-ben said...

she should be my child.