Sunday, April 27, 2008

Let's Go Fly a Kite

A few weeks ago, we went kite-flying for Family Home Evening. The kids had been begging us for weeks, and they weren't quite grasping our explanation that you can't necessarily fly a kite on any given day - there had to be wind! Anyway...we have actually had a very windy couple of weeks. The kids loved it - and they were thrilled with their Dollar Store kites. We had such a good time! I love these guys!

See...He really is such a great big brother!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this dress on my sweet Paige. My mom gave it to her. I love the bright pink, and I just love the way that it flows around her cute little body. It just bounced back and forth while she wandered all over the soccer fields. And don't you just love her curly little piggy on the top of her head. She's really reaching that rag-a-muffin stage (which I adore). But, I kind of have to pull her straggly hairs out of her eyes. She held onto the kite string, but would easily get blown over with a gust of wind. She never cried; she just got back up, brushed herself off (okay...not literally), and held her arm and hand out for the string again. And yes...that is my girl eating sticks, sand, and dirt (her personal favorite) mixing up great with her constantly snotty nose.
After kite-flying, we did a little batting practice. We pitched to Austin and he pitched to us (just like the guys on TV - Austin's words) while the girls played in the sand. What a nice evening!

I guess Austin did a little "playing in the sand" too (this is his way of focusing in-between batters, right?!?). I love you, bud!

15 comments:

Andee said...

Wow, I feel like I was there! What great pictures and memories.

Elizabeth said...

Steve said, "Too bad they had to ruin an otherwise great evening by putting Austin in a despicable Giants shirt."

Elizabeth said...

Steve adds, "GOOOO DODGERS!!!"

Jackie said...

Looks like you had a great time with the family. Your kids are so cute and I am so impressed by the pictures! Great job Emily! You are making me want to get an expensive camera...

Elizabeth said...

I think Steve should make comments under his own username...what do you think?

Anyway, darling pictures of the kids. We took Tyler kite flying and he hated it. He handed it over to me and went and sat down. I thought he would love it! To each his own. That dress is really cute on cute Paige! Your other kids look older...I just saw them!

Brian and Kim said...

I would love and expensive camera too, Jackie!! Emily, I love the pink dress on Paige also. She is adorable. I love the pic of Macy flying her kite and of Austin pitching. Great job, you have a talent for taking great pics.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

Liz, I laughed outloud when I read Steve's comment. Although, I don't know if I'm permitted to have the words "Go Dodgers" anywhere on my blog. I might get disowned (by my father AND my father-in-law).

Jackie - Recognize the dress on Macy? She absolutely LOVES her hand-me-downs from Claire. She insists on wearing the black church shoes whenever we go out, but they are still about two sizes too big. She looks hilarious clonking around in them, but she LOVES them! Seriously...her foot hasn't grown in a year. Her sandals from last year still fit her. Anyway...thank you so much for the clothes. Macy loves new clothes anyway, but she really loves them when she knows that they came from Claire. Thanks! You guys are always so generous.

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

Wonderful pictures and very cute kids. Looks like you had a really fun time. However, I'm thinking the shirt should have said "Go A's". ;)

Jen-ben said...

very cute!! I love her dress too!

Kristy said...

You guys are a fantastic family! Look at y'all, making memories right and left. Skiing and then a good old fashioned day at the park, that's the stuff they'll remember. Hope all is well with you!

Colette said...

How fun those pictures are great!

Kimberly Porter said...

My favorite picture is the one where you see Macy's back and the kite in the sky. That should be on a card! Great pics, Emily.

Michelle Arnett said...

I love love love these pictures. My fave is the one where you can see the back of your little girl with the kite in the air. looks like fun!