Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Season of Giving

"Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love!" - Hamilton Wright Mabie

I know that we just had Halloween and even though the Christmas music has started, most of us probably aren't ready to start our celebrations. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas. But, I do like to enjoy my holidays one at a time. I am very much looking forward to Thanksgiving and then enjoying the holiday season (which I define as the month of December).

So, you are probably wondering why (if I feel this way) I am posting about Christmas. Well, in light of my last post, I just wanted to tell people of an opportunity to give this holiday season. As awkward as it is for my family and I to ask for help, the reality is that since Curtis's accident, he has not been able to work. Therefore, in addition to all of the medical bills, there has not been any income for over three months. At this point, Alexie is the main caregiver (trust me, it is an around-the-clock job), and is unable to go out and get a job to support their family.

In an effort to help, a donation account has been set up. I know that a lot of you look for opportunities to help during the holiday season, whether it be in the form of Sub-for-Santa or monetary donations as the year comes to an end for the purpose of tax advantages. I also know that there are so many amazing causes out there to support. I wanted to get the word out that this is just another opportunity to help a family that has suffered from an accident that was not their fault but is left with the repercussions.

Thank you to all of you who are so concerned with our family. We are so grateful for your love, support, and prayers. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many good, GOOD people.

Donation Account: #569353865 at Zion's Bank in Curtis's name.

Since every post deserves an image, here are some pictures of my sister's family from last Christmas:

"The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other." - Burton Hillis

No comments: