Sunday, July 11, 2010

This Week in Snapshots

Austin turned 9 (N.I.N.E.) - can you even believe it??? He asked us how many days he's been alive. So, we told him to multiply 365 by 9 and add 7. He laughed, grabbed Dad's iphone, and found the calculator app (kids these days). I feel a bit like Rip Van Winkle. How come I can only recall a handful of those 3, 292 days??? What happened to my little boy? He's turned into a big kid in the blink of an eye. I sure love you, Bud!

Macy (enough said):


Sisters (with "Summer Hair"):

Paige emerged from my bathroom looking like this the other day (I promptly found a new place to put my make-up):

These are the very happy hands of a boy that has just returned from Scout Camp. Awesome! Definitely one of the highlights of the summer for my Cub Scout! He came home on cloud nine both days, talking our ear off about all the highlights (BB guns, archery, and the jokes - oh the endless jokes), and looking (and smelling) like Pig-pen from Charlie Brown. Thanks to all the wonderful leaders for making this possible.

When Greg and Austin got home from the Fathers-And-Sons Campout last month, Macy asked when it was going to be "Daddys & Daughters." He promised her a fishing trip. He was sure she would be bored out of her mind, but she surprised him. I guess she LOVED casting. She even practiced in the front yard when she got home (she was trying to catch the car). She said her goal was to cast it "20 feet." They didn't catch any fish, but some people gave them one of theirs. She wasn't too sure about the gutting of the fish though. We grilled it up and she ate all of it (she is definitely my best fish eater).

*Yes, I did let my daughter out of the house dressed like that. Hair in shambles, too-big hat hanging over her ears, and please - don't forget to check out the socks!

The Mullet Crisis of 2010:

Before & After:

Paige's new "I'm Getting My Picture Taken" face, complete with squinty eyes and crooked smile. I get it every time she sees a camera. I like to call it: I'm Three and I Have My Own Brain - In Case You Haven't Noticed

Weird Shot - I was taking some stuff out the garbage with my little helper. On the way back, Paige said, "Can you hold my hand." I saw our shadows in the grass and snapped a picture.


We could not get Paige in bed fast enough last night. She was beyond grumpy. It was all I could do to take a deep breath and read her a story (instead of toss her on the bed and walk out the door). When Macy went to bed, this is what we found. This sweet little angel, with her hands tucked tenderly under her head, couldn't possible be the same terror nightmare that was on the rampage just 30 minutes earlier! One time, I asked my mom why she had so many pictures of us sleeping (when we were kids). Without missing a beat, and in her sweetest, most sincere voice, she said, "Because that's when I loved you the most."



Apparently the twins were in bed or down for a nap while we were taking all these pictures. It's difficult to navigate a camera (or anything really) with four arms and four legs constantly grabbing and climbing and wanting every bit of attention. But, after two tries, this fabulous lady did manage to get some dang cute photos of my sweet boys. Check it out!

5 comments:

Brian and Kim said...

Your hair turned out adorable!! You looked gorgeous today!!

Marianne said...

CUTE. Love the hair.

andrea said...

happy birthday austin! :)

and your hair looks fabulous!! gooo courtney! she rocks doesn't she??
when you point out the "mullet" concept, I can see where you are coming from and how you would have that feeling. but, for the record, that is not what my first reaction would have been. "more layers" was my first thought. BUT it looks SUPER cute now! love the a-line! beautiful lady!!

Alexie said...

Love the hair...miss the make-up though. :) Now at least you know how to remind Greg that you are the most beautiful woman in the whole world- even if it is replicating the 80's.

Jana said...

LOL I was going to say the first haircut wasn't that bad, but then I looked at it again, and it WAS a bit mutlletish. SAD! Glad you got it fixed so super cute, though.