Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Big Brother; Big Sister

This boy...This one right here...
He is simply A.MAZ.ING!!! People have told me that these pre-teen years are the Golden Age of childhood. We are really enjoying him. He's old enough to really "get it," and yet he still really likes us. We joke with him, chat with him, and he is really so pleasant most of the time. I've worried about him because the girls will have each other, and the twins will have each other, but I he's just sort of stuck out there - at the beginning of our family - sort of all alone. We wondered what kind of relationship he would have with his brothers - being 8 years apart. He absolutely adores them. He has so much patience with them, loves helping them, and relishes in teaching them things. I walked into the front room today and found this:


Austin had put Spencer on the bench with him while he was practicing his piano.


The most amazing thing to me is that Austin was able to go on with his normal practice with his baby brother pounding on the keys right next to him. It didn't phase him; it didn't distract him. I guess that's what it's like - being the oldest of 5!

If your hands get tired, go ahead and try playing with your mouth. (Don't worry; I'm sure this is perfectly sanitary.)


Check out the second picture - Can you tell that Spence is swinging his legs while playing. He was just dancing away to his own little music. Love it!

Just taking a closer look at the notes. What a good little pianist! Oh, and don't forget the page turn.


Austin has really blossomed this past year in his piano playing. He is really loving it, and it is rarely a battle to practice anymore. I found a book for boys. Right now, he is playing songs from "Harry Potter" and "Star Wars." He gets excited about practicing and taking on the challenge of these harder pieces. Love it!!!

I just love this picture. Spencer is staring up at Austin. Fair or not - the oldest sibling sets an example and somewhat of a precedence. I hope that all my children follow his example in the music department. He has been so diligent and he is starting to really love it. Thanks for being such a fabulous Big Brother, Austin. I sure do love you!


Meanwhile, in another corner of the house, Macy has hijacked Kade and turned him into "Andriella":

So sorry, Bud:


The attempted escape:


The capture:


Trying to have a sense of humor about the situation:


I think this is how he really feels about his torture:

9 comments:

Brian and Kim said...

I know what you mean, I love having Brook around. She's the best company.

The looks on Kade's face are priceless. He would make a great mastercard commerical with "having a big sister...priceless!"

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alexie said...

I'm still laughing/giggling... and i'm actually covering my mouth becasue i feel a little bad about laughing at kade this much.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marianne said...

Poor Kade. Clara liked to do that with Collin too. You got some great pictures.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bryce & Cherise said...

Oh my gosh I laughed so hard. at your ENTIRE post. I love the things kids say. I'm so glad that Macy takes such good care of you as to wear a swimsuit just in case you're wrong. hahaha.
Poor Kade....where did Macy come up with Andriella anyway??