Friday, July 23, 2010

My Three Amigos

Amigo Numero Uno
The other day, Austin took an inventory of the pantry and kitchen. After his assessment, he grabbed a post-it note and wrote me a list: apples, cream, grapefrute, cheese, eggs, yogurt, 3 pieces of candy, red milk, and chireeos.

(When I asked him about the list, he offered a few explanations: The cream is for peaches and cream - I also find it ironic that "peaches" did not make the list. Three pieces of candy: "One for each of the kids.")
Amigo Numero Dos
Greg planned FHE on Monday night. We went to the South Town Expo Center to view the floats for the upcoming Pioneer Day Parade. When I first told Macy, she asked me what flavor. I laughed and explained they were not "ice cream floats." Then, she asked if they would be able to swim in them. She said this 3 or 4 times. I was so confused. Then, I finally made the connection: We call swimming tubes "floaties." I tried explaining what they really were, but since my children are ultra-deprived and have never been to a parade, she was clueless. I finally just told her that she would have to be surprised.

She went and got dressed (possibly outfit #6 or 7 - she goes through quite a few in a day). She obviously had quite a few layers on. When I lifted up her shirt, I saw her swimsuit. I asked her why she was wearing that. Her answer: "Just in case you're wrong about the floats."

* * *

Macy was in the car with Lisa telling her all about how we live on a little speck of dust. Lisa suggested that we don't actually live on a speck of dust, and that it's just a fun story/movie. Very seriously, Macy said: "Lisa! A person's a person no matter how small!"

Amigo Numero Tres

Austin was playfully teasing Paige by calling her a Goofball. She was becoming irate. Finally, I told her to calm down and that it was just a silly name. There was no need to get so upset. More angry than ever, she said, "Mom! Look at my face!" Then with a pleading tone, she added, "I'm Paige, right?!?"

* * *

The other day, I said to Paige, "Go finish your cereal before it gets too soggy."

She said: "I don't want to eat my cereal because then my tummy will be big like yours."

4 comments:

Jana said...

That Macy girl is BEAUTIFUL beyond belief...LOOK at that second picture...her eyes and smile, WOW!
But she's not supposed to know yet that moms can be wrong...bummer!
Those stories are too cute.

Jen-ben said...

ahhh, they all look FABULOUS! I love them all!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jackie said...

Loved all of these! (Especially Macy's comments...so cute!)