Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bigs

Have you ever noticed that families develop their own language. As children learn to speak, they come up with words that replace the real words, and families start to use these words all the time. My children have done this. Austin called his pacifier a "Ba-da." Macy called nipples "knuckles." Macy also calls all hair bows/clips/elastics "Pretties." And now Paige has added a new word to our vocabulary: "Bigs," and it is used to reference pajamas.

These are Bigs:
These are Bigs:
These are also Bigs:
These are not Bigs:
Paige loves to wear Bigs to bed. Every night, you can find Greg or I (or even Austin and Macy) coercing Paige into some Bigs. I bet she has only worn shorts to bed a handful of times this summer. Even when the temperature doesn't dip lower than the 80s, she just prefers her Bigs.

Oh, and after two-and-a-half years of life, this happened yesterday:

7 comments:

Alexie said...

Where's the final "do"?

Colette said...

Yeah where's the after pic?

Emily said...

It was just a trim. The pictures of her in her Bigs are after the haircut.

Brian and Kim said...

Cute hair!! I love being able to see their dainty wee necks when their hair is above the shoulders. She's a dolly!!

I love her "bigs". We call them "muz" at our house. I love the memories that come with their language. It's one of those "mom" things I wouldn't trade for anything.

Marianne said...

When did Paige get so big!?!

Elizabeth said...

She is so dang cute.

Jen-ben said...

LOL! I love how often she changes her clothes. It's way too cute....