Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Hispanic Daughter

I think that there may have been a mix-up in heaven.  Perhaps Paige was meant to be born to a family (or in a country) where the native language is Spanish.  I have taken enough Spanish classes to know that you put the adjective after the noun (and few enough Spanish classes to actually speak the language.  Although my very sweet, wonderful Visiting Teachers bring me the message every month in Spanish.  I tried to explain that I don't speak the language.  Maybe they are trying to teach me.)

I digress...Paige speaks this way.  It cracks me up!  For example:

"Mommy, I want the cup, red."

"I like my dress, pretty."

I love it so much, and it makes me laugh every time, that I don't correct her.  There really are so many things I love about two-year-olds!


9 comments:

Lindsay said...

LOVE
THOSE
PICS!

Brian and Kim said...

Hillarious!!! Love the pics:)

Jen-ben said...

OK, I am laughing so hard right now!!! Seriously...laughing...out loud.

Andee said...

So cute, Emily! Thank you so much for your phone call. You are so kind! I will call soon, I really want to see the boys in person.

Mindi said...

Just catching up with you and I must say: You. Are. AMAZING.

I can only imagine the exhaustion and worry and adjustment. Just know that those two little guys made a pact to get to you and stay together and you opened your heart, home and body to let them accomplish that. AWESOME.

I find you completely inspiring!

I hope to drop by soon with something completely unnecessary designed only to make you smile, drool or both.

Much love to you!
Mindi

Cherise Davies said...

LOVE IT! :)

Cherise Davies said...

LOVE IT! :)

Marianne said...

I love the gamut of emotion that is shown in the series of pictures. Totally normal, overly exuberant, and meltdown. Just like a two year old.

Valerie said...

Oh, those pictures rock!! She's such a sweetie!