Thursday, February 21, 2013

Eye of the Tiger

Okay. So I know I didn't blog at all last year. But, I really enjoy it and want to get back into it. When I woke up this morning, still in bed, and started telling him about my dream last night, and he interrupted me and told me about his dream. Apparently, we both had dreams about tigers. So, I got out of bed and wrote them down as fast as I could (while Greg made breakfast - isn't he the best)! This is what we could remember. Any interpretations???


My Dream:
I was all alone in our house (it wasn’t our house, but it was). I opened the door to one of the kid’s rooms to check on our pet tiger. My mom had given us a pet tiger. We kept it in a big glass cage, like an aquarium only much bigger. Everybody said that it was perfectly safe, and that tigers can’t get out, but I watched him take his giant paw and push on the top of the cage (even though we had giant rocks on top to keep it heavy), and he climbed right out. It was effortless for him to get out of the cage. 

He started walking around the house. He was huge. I remember noticing his paws and thinking that they were just gigantic. He was beautiful and enormous. I kept thinking that I have to trap him in a bedroom while I figured out what to do with him. Every time I tried to get him in a room, he would fight me. I would lure him in a room, and try to shut the door and block it, but he just pushed his way out. Finally, I decided that maybe if I was just nice to him then he wouldn’t eat me. So, I started petting him and scratching behind his neck and nuzzling his cheeks (kind of like you would pet a giant cat). I remember being scared and nervous and super anxious (especially when I was trying to lure it into a bedroom), but I knew I had to make friends with him or he would eat me. 

Finally, I calmed him down and he fell asleep in our bedroom. I shut the door and ran to the phone. I remember I got out the phone book - the yellow pages (hahaha) and started flipping through the pages trying to figure out who to call. I called Animal Control first, and the guy told me that there was nothing they could do. I remember he said, “Once they’re in your house, we can’t really do anything. Our hands are tied.” He told me that we can’t shoot a tiger because they’re endangered and we would go to jail. Next, I tried the exterminator, but they couldn’t do anything because they only killed bugs. I tried a pet store, but they said that it was illegal to sell tigers. Finally, I tried calling the zoo. I was on hold with the zoo when Greg came home. The tiger woke up, and Greg was so upset. He said that we had to get it out of here. He went barging into the bedroom and tried to force the tiger out. This was the first time that he growled and snarled and showed his giant teeth. Greg said he was going to shoot it, but I told him that it was illegal (and all I could think was that it would make a giant mess if Greg shot him in the house - all that blood splattered all over the place).

Greg’s Dream:
The kids were in the backyard playing. There was a swimming pool and a trampoline. (Again, it was our house in the dream, but it wasn’t really our house. We don’t actually have a swimming pool. Dang!) Greg brought out a big plate of pancakes and syrup for the kids to eat. All of a sudden, Greg saw a tiger approach the chain link fence that surrounded the backyard. He put his paws on the top of the fence and stood there, looking over. Greg thought, he’s not going to come over. And he jumped over the fence and started walking around. He was enormous and beautiful. Greg suddenly knew that he had to protect the kids. His plan was to lure him with the maple syrup. He put a big plate of pancakes on the ground and poured a big pile of syrup and made a path of syrup to the back of the fence hoping that the tiger would lick it up and follow the path away from the kids. Greg’s plan was to run downstairs and get his gun while the tiger was distracted by the syrup. 

It didn’t work, so Greg started plotting ways that he could kill the tiger. All these scenarios started running through his head. It was as if they were happening, but they weren’t. He knew that he couldn’t fight him in the swimming pool because tigers were excellent swimmers. He pictured the tiger clawing him to death in the water. He pictured the tiger attacking me with his paws up on my shoulders and Greg was going to side-kick him in the head. Greg remembered the feel of his foot hitting the tiger in his giant head. It didn’t work at all. His head was too strong. He decided that if he was going to shoot him, he couldn’t shoot him in the head. He planned on laying on his back, with his gun, and he would shoot him in the guts when the tiger jumped over him to attack him. 

1 comment:

Xazmin said...

I have no idea what they mean, except that you both have very protective parenting instincts!

I do think it's really cool that you both dreamed about tigers on the same night.