Saturday, March 19, 2011

Macy's Princess "Tea" Party

I don't know how it is possible, but Macy has been with us for seven years already!!! Her birth was my first experience with being induced, and I was terrified. Little did I know that 2 and a half hours later, she would make her presence known in a drama-filled delivery (her flair for the dramatic hasn't ceased since). She was a darling, happy, content baby. I can honestly say that Macy has brought a smile to our faces every single day of her life (this girl is hilarious)!


For Macy's birthday, she wanted to have a Princess Tea Party (with hot chocolate). We invited a few friends and had a very girlie day. When the girls arrived, I had little bags and pink princess crowns for them to decorate. Austin wanted to get in on the action:


For "tea" we served peanut butter and jam sandwiches and turkey and cheese sandwiches cut into flowers and butterflies. We also had blueberries, strawberries, and carrots and dip. Our tea was actually *warm* chocolate with marshmallows.





After lunch, the girls made necklaces and hair bows.




When it came time for presents, Macy was spoiled!!! She loved all of her gifts, but the first thing she opened was a much desired Pillow Pet. (When Paige and Abby got Pillow Pets for Christmas, Macy was beside herself. I had to take her into the other room to calm her down and explain that she was being really ungrateful. Over the past three months, she has connived and manipulated Paige every which way to "borrow" her Pillow Pet. Honestly!) Thankfully, she received 2 Pillow Pet's for her birthday so the whining has officially stopped!


We enjoyed a crown cake and ice cream:



Then, the clean-up crew arrived:



Spencer and Kade just sat right up to the table and made themselves comfortable. They finished off Claire's ice cream and cookies and Paige's cake. They were in heaven!!!



Macy is ALL GIRL! She likes everything to do with sparkles and glitter and shimmer. She says the funniest things (even her teacher and school principal comment on how hilarious she is). She also dishes out endless compliments ("Oh Mom, I really like your dress today."). She has a gift, a natural ability, for getting out of work that she doesn't want to do (which is pretty much anything that requires effort of any kind). She can get Austin and Paige to do just about anything she wants, and she has a way of getting them to believe that it was their idea and they do it happily. Amazing! This child has no fear! She likes anything thrill seeking. She is Greg's best companion when it comes to indoor skydiving or rides at Lagoon. This girl is full of SPICE, and our lives are definitely richer because she's alive. I love her!

5 comments:

Meredith said...

How fun and uber-girly! I'm slightly jealous that I'll never be able to throw one of my children such a fancified party.... But hey, at least I have people like you to vicariously live through! :)

cami said...

Ditto. (What Meredith said.) You must be some kind of supermom to pull off two amazingly wonderful birthday parties in one week!! WOW. I'm exhausted for you. Both were so so darling. The cupcakes and crown cake were adorable. I had no idea you'd been hiding that talent!! You simply A M A Z E me! (And twins on top of all of that!OMG!) I can remember when Mace was born-and coming to visit you in the hospital. I remember holding that little bundle with a pink bow in her hair. Where does the time go? Miss you!

Marianne said...

Your parties look so fun! Collin turns 4 next week and Mark and I both have to work. How pathetic is that? Look how big Spencer and Kade are getting! They look a lot like Austin. Seriously we need to catch up.

Unknown said...

You are really making us other moms look bad Emily....I think you need to become a party planner! Your kids will have the best memories of birthdays! Guess I better step it up! Claire had a great time at Macy's party. So fun!

Jackie said...

Oops! Nathan is really me...jackie. Guess he wasn't signed out. Would be kind of hard for him to be a mom. Of course with today's modern technology it has been done. (Let's just pray it doesn't!)