Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January Jumble

Greg to Paige: "You better watch it." Paige to Greg: "What are you going to do...blind me with pepper spray?"

Who can name the movie???

* * *

I was substituting in Primary last Sunday, and we were discussing how Satan tries to convince us that making bad choices isn't really that bad. There was a story about a prince who gets captured. His captors try to get him to do bad things like lie, steal, say bad words, be unkind to others, etc. When I got to the "say bad words" one, Gracie piped up and said, "Like b-u-t-t and h-e-double l?" When I mentioned eating and drinking food that will harm his body, one child yelled out, "Like beer," while another child added, "or Pepsi?"

You know, you really have it all figured out when you're 6. It must be wonderful to live in a world where the worst thing to put into your body is beer (or Pepsi), and the most offensive thing to come out of your mouth is "h-e-double hockey sticks." I sort of envy 6.

* * *

The highlight of Spencer and Kade's week is helping with the laundry. When they hear the laundry doors open, they come running-like-the-wind. They love to get the dirty laundry and throw it in the washer while I lift them up, and they love getting the wet clothes and putting them in the dryer. Their favorite part is slamming the dryer door shut.

* * *

My kids school has this amazing program called "Discovery" (run by my equally amazing sister). Throughout the school year, they have different areas of development (physical, service, performing arts, etc.) and they several different classes under the topic. They have people from the community come in and teach the classes (their ballroom dance teacher used to work for "Dancing With the Stars"). They have the kids for an entire afternoon once a week while the teachers use that for prep-time. I'm not doing it justice in my description; just know that it is awesome and the kids love it.

This session, Macy signed up for "Boys World" because she "really likes boys."

* * *

Greg went in for laser eye surgery on Monday. They did the surgery behind a glass wall so I could watch. While he was getting ready to operate, the doctor looked at me and asked if I always smiled like that. Greg's response: "Only when I'm in the room." The doctor thought he was pretty funny. (Don't tell him, but I do too.)

* * *

This is how Austin looked when he came up to say goodnight (why yes, he is wearing two pair of glasses - one for seeing and one for all of the dart gun wars you have while sleeping):


The kid cracks me up.

1 comment:

Alexie said...

Comment 1- Maybe Austin has dreams like Curtis's.

Comment 2- Curtis and I love Macy's pick... but especially the reason. We're still laughing.