Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Q&A

A brief interview with myself.

Q: Where have you been? The blogging world hasn't been the same without your wit and wisdom!
A: I've been busy keeping my New Year's Resolution. I've been watching the weight shed off. (Not physical weight. Although I am sick-to-death of my post-pregnancy body, I don't care enough yet to actually take action. So, I am currently making peace with my "I bore five children" body. Perhaps I'll join a gym in June. We'll see.) I have been throwing out all our STUFF!!! I've felt 10 pounds lighter with every closet organized, every bathroom cabinet vacuumed out, every bag sent to the thrift stores. Ahhhh....

Q: Have you been taking pictures with the new lens your amazing husband got you for Christmas?
A: Why, yes, I have (and I have been LOVING the new lens that I pined over for a year now). However, I have not been editing much. But, I did have the opportunity to attend this life-changing event (not one ounce of sarcasm there - in all honesty, it was a highlight of my life). Thank you Spence and Jackie for asking us to attend your Sealing. Here are a few shots from the day (and the blizzard - it was so stinkin' cold)!

*My very favorite part of these pictures is how it is so obvious how much everybody adores Jackie. You can see it in the eyes of her husband and children. She is so amazing!






Q: How often do you have to sweep the floor now that you have two crawlers in the house?
A: 10 times a day (and it still isn't enough)!

Q: How much do you love/adore/cherish your husband?
A: There aren't enough adjectives in the English language. Really.

Now, a few questions for you - all my friends in the blogging world:

Q: What was your favorite Christmas gift?

Q: Don't you think my mom looks like she's cooking up a secret, conniving plot? I just can't tell if it's aimed at Abby or Lisa. Hmmm....

12 comments:

Madeline Shaffer said...

Hey where's Gavin?

Emily said...

He was grumpy and wouldn't participate.

Linda Shaffer said...

Why does Maddie look like she just stepped out of a model magazine and the rest of us are dorks???
It just isn't fair!!!

Shauna said...

Love the picture with the hats! What a cute idea! Your blog posts are always so creative!

Alexie said...

mom is my favorite. i still haven't stopped laughing. are we getting framed copies of this next year? or mouse pads perhaps? ooh, ooh... a puzzle!

Emily said...

Mom is definitely my favorite! I LOVE the puzzle idea. My mind is swimming with ideas for next year's White Elephant gifts.

Alexie said...

ps- i stole your pic. don't hate me.

Lindsay said...

Love that collage, at first I thought it was out of a magazine (seriously) but then I realized I recognized some faces.

What lens did you get? I would love to know.

Jen-ben said...

Your mom IS always cooking up a secret! :) Those are so funny!!! You Dad and Greg are pretty great though!
I LOVE the photos of Jackies family!!!! They are perfect! That pic of the temple in the snow is really really beautiful.

Tera said...

I love those pics of Spence and Jackie, and it was such an awesome experience!! I wish I remembered more from the day I was married.. I love the collage, each face tells a story, When I grow up, I want to be as creative as you Em :)

Jana said...

What lens is it??

Emily said...

The 85 mm fixed lens. I LOVE it!!!