Sunday, January 15, 2012

Akshely...

Macy told us that they didn't have a lesson at church today, instead they just talked about themselves and learned about everyone else in the class. When I asked her to tell me about herself, she handed me this paper:

Front: Macy's Self Portrait

Back: All About Macy

This is surprisingly accurate. I just love it so much!

Translation:
My favorite color is red, pink, purple, and blue. I am good at backscratching, writing, art, and I am kind. I used to have a dog named Penny. My favorite foods are pizza, mac and cheese, and for breakfast, I like waffles. I love to read! I like Hershey bars as a treat. I will actually eat any treat.

This is another drawing my Macy (done last October). Apparently, she has discovered Michael Jackson:


As a family, we filled out some sheets to help us reflect about 2011 and think about what we would like to accomplish in 2012. These are a few of the highlights:
  • Austin's favorite part of the holidays: "Being with my family. Putting dad on the 'Bad List' at 'This is the Place Holiday Village'."
  • From Austin, "What do you want to do next year?": More skiing! Lava Hot Springs. Lagoon. San Francisco. Grow my own Christmas Tree.
  • From Austin, "Hardest Thing of the Year (2o11)": Cleaning the entire bathroom
  • From Macy, "What do you want to do next year?": Go to Disneyland
  • From Macy, "Greatest Lesson Learned (2011)": Multalacashon (multiplication)
  • From Macy, "Hardest Thing of the Year (2011)": hikeing four miles to Delecit Arch & stop sucing my thume
  • From Macy, "Want to Get Better At (2012)": being nice
  • From Macy, "Biggest Goal (2012)": Read 50 books
  • Paige's favorite food: Blueberry bagels with white cream cheese. Why: 'cause it's yummy and the inside of the bagel is purple
  • Paige's favorithe thing: The house because it's warm and sometimes cold.
  • From Paige, "What I Loved Most About 2011": Moving to the basement
  • From Paige, "Want to Learn (2012)": How to read
  • From Paige, "Want to Get Better At (2012)": Not spilling

No comments: